Numbered among the World Heritage of Unesco since 1998 , the Charterhouse of San Lorenzo, also known as the Charterhouse of Padula, is one of the most beautiful places in the province of Salerno.
- How to get There
- Tour Includes/Excludes
The original structure of the San Lorenzo Charterhouse could be divided in two areas: the working environments and the residential area of the monks.
The structure follows the “ora et labora” (pray and work) rule. That’s why the compound shows a Clauster, a Library (decorated by wonderful Vietri ceramic tiles) the Chapel, decorated by precious marbles, a big kitchen, a winery, a laundry and the surrounding fields where the monks produced their own fruits and vegetables.
HOW TO GET THERE
Viale Certosa, 84034 Padula (SA)
By car: Take the Salerno-Reggio Calabria Highway, exit at Padula-Buonabitacolo and following the SS19 you reach the Padula Charterhouse
By Train: The nearest train stations are in Salerno (daily connections to Padula by bus- Autolinee Curcio, Italobus, Freccialink), and Sapri (daily connections by bus- Autolinee Curcio or Autolinee Lamanna).
9.00 a.m. - 7.00 p.m.
[su_gmap width="460" height="260" address="la certosa di padula, salerno" title="Prova"]
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Legally Authorised Tour Guide
- Our Assistance
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance ticket to the Charterhouse
- Extra and Tips
No details found.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
To book the tour you have to:
- Fill the form in the event tab
- Wait for an e-mail indicating the methods of payment
- Pay and wait for the electronic receipt which confirms the reservation.
The Tour lasts 2 hours approximately
The price of the event remains unchanged until 10 people. For more than 10 participants, we require an additional price of 10 euros par person
No, it isn’t. Sant'Elmo Castle a can be reached by bus or by private means of transport.
Upon request, with an additional price, you can ask for a private driver.
Yes, you can. You can modify the route or the duration, according to your desires. The starting price will be modified as well.
We require a cancellation notice prior to the scheduled tour, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below:
- The total amount will be given back if you cancel the tour 8 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 50% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 7 to 4 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 100% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 3 days to 1 day prior to your scheduled arrival.
To cancel or make any changes to your scheduled tour send an e-mail to email@example.com