Benevento is a wonderful town, rich in history, tradiction, surrounded by beautiful landscapes. Visiting the city means crossing the boundary between the past and the present.
- How to get There
- Tour Includes/Excludes
Benevento is known as the city of witches. In the past, its name was Maleventum and was the capital of the Longobardic Dukedom.
Longobards were pagan and worshipped Odin. They used to meet around a huge walnute tree in the nearby of the river Sabato, to honour their God.
As they were warriors, the pagan rite consisted of hanging sheepskins, beating them with spears and arrows, while riding their horse backwards. Then they reduced those sheepskins to tiny pieces and ate them.
The longobard women attended the rite, screaming and encouraging their men.
A wonderful trip through time, discovering a forgotten world, the Samnite, the Roman and the Longobard world. The place where these people lived, between these mountains, these woods, these water sources extending before our eyes.
HOW TO GET THERE
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Legally Authorised Tour Guide
- Our Assistance
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance Tickets
- Extra and Tips
No details found.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
To book the tour you have to:
- Fill the form in the event tab
- Wait for an e-mail indicating the methods of payment
- Pay and wait for the electronic receipt which confirms the reservation.
The Tour lasts 6 hours approximately
The price of the event remains unchanged until 10 people. For more than 10 participants, we require an additional price of 10 euros par person
No, it isn’t. The archaeological ruins of Pompeii and Vesuvius can be reached by bus or by private means of transport.
Upon request, with an additional price, the Association can provide a private driver.
Yes, you can. You can modify the route or the duration, according to your desires. The starting price will be modified as well.
We require a cancellation notice prior to the scheduled tour, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below:
- The total amount will be given back if you cancel the tour 8 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 50% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 7 to 4 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 100% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 3 days to 1 day prior to your scheduled arrival.
To cancel or make any changes to your scheduled tour send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org