An old volcanic crater whose name derives from “aornos” (no birds), because it exhaled lethal gases which killed the birds who flew over it. It was considered the entrance to the Underworld.
- How to get There
- Tour Includes/Excludes
The dark and motionless waters of the Lake Avernus, influenced the ancient so much, that they located the entrance to the underworld here.
According to the tradition, here Hannibal made bloody sacrifies to gain the favour of the underworld gods. Here the hero of the Aeneid, Aenea, came to meet the Sybil, the most famous oracle in the world, and let her drive him into the Hades, to meet his father Anchise.
The Lake Avernus is surrounded by a wide variety of plants and its shore hosts the remains of an old temple dedicated to Apollo. It’s worth a visit!
HOW TO GET THERE
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Legally Authorised Tour Guide
- Our Assistance
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Extra and Tips
No details found.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
To book the tour you have to:
- Fill the form in the event tab
- Wait for an e-mail indicating the methods of payment
- Pay and wait for the electronic receipt which confirms the reservation.
The Tour lasts 6 hours approximately
The price of the event remains unchanged until 10 people. For more than 10 participants, we require an additional price of 10 euros par person
No, it isn’t. The archaeological ruins of Pompeii and Vesuvius can be reached by bus or by private means of transport.
Upon request, with an additional price, the Association can provide a private driver.
Yes, you can. You can modify the route or the duration, according to your desires. The starting price will be modified as well.
We require a cancellation notice prior to the scheduled tour, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below:
- The total amount will be given back if you cancel the tour 8 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 50% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 7 to 4 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 100% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 3 days to 1 day prior to your scheduled arrival.
To cancel or make any changes to your scheduled tour send an e-mail to email@example.com