“It has to be considered as a town, not an art mine, a minor city, so similiar to Pompeii, as important as Pompeii, with its urban planning, its culture, and what’s more, its human face”.
- How to get There
- Tour Includes/Excludes
Buried after the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D., the city was dug up at the time of the Bourbons, when a farmer made a casual discovery nearby the Old Theatre of Herculaneum.
The ruins are well-preserved, with its streets, houses (some of them located in a scenic position in front of the beach), the magnificent thermal baths, the shops and a part of the Forum (the other part is still buried).
The perfect state of preservation of the woods, of the bronzes and of the houses let us “rebuild” the daily lives of the Romans before the eruption.
HOW TO GET THERE
Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italia
Circumvesuviana, Naples-Sorrento line, stop at ERCOLANO SCAVI.
Circumvesuviana, Naples- Poggiomarino line, stop at ERCOLANO SCAVI.
Naples- Torre Annunziata line, stop at ERCOLANO SCAVI.
October-March: 8:30 a.m. 6.30 p.m. (last admission at 6 p.m.)
March- October: 8.30 a.m.-5 p.m. (last admission at 3.30 p.m)
Closed on December 25, January 1.
[su_gmap width="460" height="260" address="Ercolano, Corso Resina, 1" title="Prova"]
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Legally Authorised Tour Guide
- Our Assistance
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance ticket to the Archaeological ruins of Herculaneum
- Extra and Tips
No details found.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
To book the tour you have to:
- Fill the form in the event tab
- Wait for an e-mail indicating the methods of payment
- Pay and wait for the electronic receipt which confirms the reservation.
The Tour lasts 2 hours approximately
The price of the event remains unchanged until 10 people. For more than 10 participants, we require an additional price of 10 euros par person
No, it isn’t. Herculaneaum can be reached by bus or by private means of transport.
Upon request, with an additional price, you can ask for a private driver.
Yes, you can. You can modify the route or the duration, according to your desires. The starting price will be modified as well.
We require a cancellation notice prior to the scheduled tour, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below:
- The total amount will be given back if you cancel the tour 8 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 50% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 7 to 4 days prior to your scheduled arrival;
- 100% of the amount will be charged if you cancel the tour from 3 days to 1 day prior to your scheduled arrival.
To cancel or make any changes to your scheduled tour send an e-mail to email@example.com